Louise is a Partner and Head of the Family & Divorce team
Louise Barretto specialises in all aspects of family law, with a particular emphasis on complex financial matters, including those involving business assets and those with an international element.
She is dual qualified in England and in South Africa. Although she now practices solely in England, she deals with many cases which have a South African connection. She has been called upon to assist as an expert witness on English divorce law in the High Court of South Africa.
- Divorce and separation
- Financial aspects on divorce and separation
- Children aspects of family breakdown
- Drafting and advising on pre- and post-nuptial agreements
- Drafting and advising on co-habitation and separation agreements
- Collaborative law
- Mediation of financial and children affairs
Citywealth have included Louise as a ‘prominent figure’ in their leading lawyers category and she has also been nominated by them as a ‘Power Woman’.
Corporate Livewire have awarded Louise the ‘Lawyer of the Year’ for family law, Surrey UK and she has also been rated by Super Lawyers.
Louise has been recommended in The Legal 500 several times and most recently in their 2020 rankings as a Leading Individual.
- The Law Society
- Family Law Accreditation Scheme
- Thameside Collaborative Lawyers & Mediators
- Citywealth Leaders List
Publications & Speaking Engagements
Louise regularly updates her blog and appeared on 5 News on 12 January 2016 discussing pre-nuptial agreements after Jerry Hall and Rupert Murdoch announced their engagement. You can also view her Q&A interview for International Women’s Day 2019.