Will Twidale is a Partner in the Litigation & Dispute Resolution team
Before moving to Bishop & Sewell, Will Twidale spent 17 years (10 as a partner) as a general litigator at Farrer & Co and six years as a general litigation partner, specialising in contentious trusts and estates at Boodle Hatfield.
He has considerable experience of dealing with disputes and the resolution of them by all means including, litigation, arbitration, mediation, independent tribunal, private expert determination and straight-forward negotiation.
Will’s expertise in contentious trusts and estates is recognised in the legal directories, Chambers 2015 acknowledged his “significant experience in litigating complex trust and probate disputes”. Chambers has described Will as “really impressive” and “a forceful and tough litigator who can also adopt a pragmatic and conciliatory approach when the circumstances call for it”.
Will is listed as a leading individual in Legal 500, Chambers and Citywealth.
- Birkenhead School
- Jesus College, Cambridge
- College of Law (Chester)
- The Law Society
- Association of Contentious Trust & Probate Practitioners
- Association of Regulatory & Disciplinary Lawyers
- Commercial Fraud Lawyers’ Association
- London Solicitors’ Litigation Association
Publications & Speaking Engagements
Will’s recently published articles include:
- “Setting aside voluntary dispositions. Where are we now?” – Trusts and Trustees (Oxford University Press) 21 August 2015
- “Trustees enduring friction and hostility. Should they stay or should they go?” – Lexology 18 August 2015
- “Proprietary estoppel claim against trustees” – Trusts and Estates Law and Tax Journal July 2015
- “Trustee removal – fiction and hostility” – Trusts and Trustees (Oxford University Press) 9 August 2012.
Will spoke at the Legal Week Trusts and Estates Forum in Provence in 2007, 2014 and 2015.
I am married with two young boys. My interests include all sports, but particularly football (I held a season ticket at Anfield for 20 years), golf (I was a low single handicap player many moons ago) and skiing (my favourite family holiday).