Chris is a Trainee Solicitor in our Commercial Property Department
Before becoming a Trainee, Chris joined Bishop & Sewell in July 2016 as a paralegal working in the firm’s residential property department, where he provided support to fee-earners on residential sales and purchases, commercial acquisitions and disposals, re-mortgages and transfers of equity, from inception to post-completion.
Chris is currently completing his final seat in the Commercial Property team. Prior to this, he completed seats in Landlord & Tenant, Corporate & Commercial and Family & Divorce.
Chris acts for landlords and tenants, investors, developers and special purchase vehicles, in relation to:
- The acquisition and disposal of commercial property, investment property, substantial property portfolios and site sales and purchases.
- Planning – both applications and strategic process – for developments, including section 106 agreements, infrastructure agreements and other planning agreements.
- Drafting and advising on commercial leases and lease renewals for offices, mixed-use buildings and other uses, ranging from single shops to units in shopping centres and retail parks.
- Preparation of Licences for: alterations, assignment, underlease and occupation.
- Financing matters: legal charges, loan agreements, debentures, deeds of priority, warranties and guarantees.
Chris graduated with a law degree from the University of Kent and completed the LPC at BPP Law School. Chris previously worked as a recruitment consultant for a global staffing organisation, placing IT contractors into the higher education and charities sectors.
- I am a keen martial artist, currently working towards my black belt in karate. I also practice boxing and judo.
- I enjoy long walks with my dogs (or are they walking me?).
- My alternative career choice: I have always had a passion for animation and would have pursued a career in this field if I had not been inspired to become a solicitor.