Andrew Humphrey is a Senior Solicitor and Head of Employment & Business Regulation
Andrew Humphrey joined Bishop & Sewell in 2010, having previously worked for several large regional practices.
He heads the Employment Law and Business Regulations team and has a particular focus on:
- advising companies and other organisations on difficult HR issues
- rolling out HR-related projects to include redundancy and reorganisation exercises (often on a significant scale)
- talent-recruitment and incentives work, to include designing bonus and commission schemes
- crisis-management work, to include management of external whistleblowing events
- advising on the employee aspects of the sale and purchases of businesses
- regulatory compliance work, to include advising on the correction of regulatory infringements with a particular focus on the healthcare industry
- IR35 compliance issues affecting both contractors and employment businesses
- GDPR data protection issues, to include designing compliance programmes for clients
- employment tribunal litigation work
- High Court injunction work.
Andrew has particular experience in a number of sectors, including retail, hotel, biotech, social media technology, and private practice GP surgeries.
- GDPR compliance
- High Court injunction work
- Unfair dismissal
- Protecting commercial information
- Healthcare and regulatory issues
- The Law Society
- Employment Lawyers’ Association
My first job: my first proper job was as a bus boy at a Joes’ Crab Shack in South Carolina.