Bishop & Sewell

What are your options?

There are a number of different ways flat owners in a block can solidify their association. You must decide which is right for you, to achieve your desired outcome – such as having more engagement with the Freeholder and in how your building is managed.

Choosing the right type of owners’ organisation to suit your block’s specific needs, structure and priorities can be complicated. Will you need to form a flat management company? And if so, what type, and how do you get started?

The options each have their own pros, cons, powers and procedures:

  • Informal residents association
  • Residents Management company (RMC)
  • Right to Manage company (RTM)
  • Right to Enfranchise company (RTE)

Your simple choice

Our seasoned Company and Commercial team can assess your needs, advise on the choice of incorporation and help you with the forms, registrations, procedures and due diligence.

We can also advise on your rights and responsibilities under any formal (or informal) structure, as well as compliance matters and constitution.

Once formed, flat management companies can get additional support via membership to the Federation of Private Residents Associations (FPRA): a not-for-profit advice, support and lobbying organisation for such companies.

Leaseholders also have the right to be consulted in relation to service charges and can form a recognised Tenants’ Association.

Next steps

Send us your details using the form on this page, and one of the team will send you our easy-to-read 2 page note ‘Your Rights Made Simple’, as well as the next steps.

Find out more

Fill in your details below for a quote or more specific information.

  • Please enter a number from 1 to 800.
    We will never share your details with any third parties and treat all client and contact information and data with the utmost care.